|Our ultimate destination is without doubt, preordained. However, the intricate journey we travel to reach it is
full of twists, turns, unforeseen detours, surprises, and amazing discoveries.
|Shades of Gray, Vision Quest, Turn The Page and Fire & Rain all were nominated for awards.
|***MOM AWARD Winners ***
by Tannertexaslady with Sue M ~ Best AU- Adult Novella ~ MCAT ~Fire & Rain
|The MCAT AU was created by Tannertexaslady.* Also the original characters of MCAT, the Wild Bunch and the Larabee 7 Ranch.
|This site is for fan enjoyment only, based on the characters from “The Magnificent Seven.” I don’t own them, but if I did I would run away with ‘em and never be seen again.
Disclaimer: CBS and Co., Trilogy Entertainment, and MGM had ‘em first and do not want to give ‘em away. I only play at this for fun and do not make any money doing it. The stories
listed here are strictly fiction any references to locations or people are only for story use and is not intended to depict any real place or persons.I do not own any of the material -
*MOG created the original Team 7, and the ATF AU
Turn the Page
- A new year symbolizes new beginnings. It is a time to reflect on the events that shape who we are and look forward
to making new memories. We make resolutions for the future; often consciously and sometimes impulsively, either
changing the direction we have been traveling. Whatever the upcoming year holds in store, it is our opportunity to
turn the page and begin a new chapter on this journey we call life.
- Change and choice influence the paths we walk in life. Attitude determines how we fare on our journey.
- Of all the weapons available to mankind to kill or maim, silence is by far, the deadliest
- Anger and repressed pain can stop you in your tracks. It needs nothing to burn except the air and the life it
- Family and friends… are responsible for some of our most pleasurable memories… they can try our souls and our
patience… but they will always have the power to fill our hearts with love.
- If I am to be tested today, I pray for the courage to get through it and for the strength to anchor my faith on solid
- Unforeseen revelations are likened to spring showers. They have you unexpectedly ducking for cover, are brief in
duration, and can chill you to the bone, yet simultaneously leave warmth in your soul.
- “Fiery trials and storms have a way of loosening our grip on the trivial.” *Gordon Venturella*
- Our ultimate destination is without doubt, preordained. However, the intricate journey we travel to reach it is full
of twists, turns, unforeseen detours, surprises, and amazing discoveries
- Irrelevant facts often cloud our perceptions. Sometimes we have to dig for the truth, hidden beneath the surface, to
obtain a clearer vision.
- Obtaining peace and tranquility in our lives may be our ultimate goal, but the obstacles we face to reach that point
make life challenging.
- “It is a paradox in the contemporary world that in our desire for peace we must willingly give ourselves to
struggle.” *Linda Hogan, CHICKASAW*
- Struggle and conflict is neither good nor bad, it just is. Everything that grows experiences conflict. A child is born it
is through great effort and pain. Conflict precedes clarity. Everything has the seasons of growth. Recognize…
acknowledge … forgive and change.
- Relationships, be they professional or personal, temporary or permanent, new or old, ebb and flow through the
seasons of our lives. Regardless of their time-span, once acknowledged, they become a part of us forever and
unavoidably affect the way we approach the challenges we encounter on our life’s journey.
- Resolutions can be elusive, but the rewards when we find them, are worth whatever turbulence must be
encountered on the path to enlightenment.
- Powerful hurricanes blow into our lives, announcing the presence for the entire world to see. Sometimes it takes
months or years to clean up the mess they leave behind. Fortunately, they are infrequent. However, do not
underestimate the power of the smaller storms forming in the thunderheads, just beyond the horizon. They strike
quickly and often come at us with no warning.
- The most difficult battles we face are won with attitude not aptitude.
- Life is full of unexpected twists and turns, which usually hit us when we are least prepared for them.
- Fate has its own way of making our lives interesting.
- With the dawn of each new day, the sun breaks over the horizon, gifting the world with its brilliant rays. Some
confused souls, blinded by pain and confusion, turn away from the brightness. They are afraid to expose their
wounded spirits, and draw back into the cover of darkness. Others eagerly walk toward the light, seeing it as a
beacon leading them to the pathway of healing, and happiness
- Another page turns, and a new chapter of life begins.
- “I get by with a little help from my friends.” *Lennon/McCartney*
- Law enforcement is a dangerous profession. Even the most experienced officer must always remember to expect
- Life never stands still. Priorities alter, confidence ebbs and flows, and time moves on. We must adapt to the
challenges presented to us, or suffer the consequences of missed opportunities.
- Life is not always easy, and we make plenty of mistakes along the way. However, when we do get it right, nothing
compares to the magnificent feelings of pleasure, which inhabit our souls.
- "Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. It comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives
and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday." John Wayne 1971
Fire & Rain
- "We are awakened, restored, and renewed the bonds of desire have led me to you." *Fire of the Newly Arrived ~Rosanne
- Loving commitments create the ties that bind.
- Thunder rumbling in the distance more often than not indicates rain is on the way. Alas, it does not elucidate the
strength or severity of the impending storm.
- If It's gonna rain … let the storm start … the sky is heavy and it feels like the winds are gonna change.
- "The passion of old is a children's quick game. Now it's the sound of the thunder and feel of the flames." *Fire of the
Newly Arrived ~Rosanne Cash*
- Our hold on sanity is sometimes fragile in the best of times, but under surreal circumstances, it hangs entirely on a
thread of faith.
- Hungry for another soul, greed stoked the fires of hell. Only the tears shed by the righteous can prevent the Devil’s
- Pain can divide families, be the source of hurtful words, and inflict hell on loved ones.
- The truth can set us free or weigh us down. It can lead us into the dark places we do not wish to visit and force us to
accept the unacceptable. The one thing it cannot do is lie.
- Finding a balance for our emotions through pain is not an easy task.
- Reconciling the emotions of our hearts with the voices of reaction we hear in our head is an awesome task.
Sometimes the soul must intervene in order to keep us sane.
- Secrets, lies, and fears ~ a guaranteed formula for grief and pain.
- When families are involved, the actions of one touch all.
- Trying to fight fate only leads to frustration
- All things happen for a reason; our challenge is to discover what it is.
- Time can be a friend, an enemy, or a pain in the ass. One thing it cannot do is stop the days from passing by.
- We never know the impact we will have on the world. All we can do is go out there, live..., and let destiny lead us.
- Anger may be repressed, denied, hidden and often misdirected, but once unleashed is difficult to recall.
- Trials, temptations, disappointments -- all these are helps instead of hindrances, if one uses them rightly. They not
only test the fiber of character but also strengthen it. Every conquering temptation represents a new fund of moral
energy. Every trial endured and weathered in the right spirit makes a soul nobler and stronger than it was before.
- Time stands still for no man or woman, change happens in spite of our best efforts to halt it. We can either fight
against it, or accept the inevitable and roll with the flow.
- During the dark cycles fate throws our way, making time to celebrate the gift of love and living, is essential.
- I've seen fire and I've seen rain
- I've seen sunny days that I thought would never end
- I've seen lonely times when I could not find a friend
- But I always thought that I'd see you again *James Taylor*
- "The most intense conflicts, if overcome, leave behind a sense of security and calm that is not easily disturbed. It is
just these intense conflicts and their conflagration which are needed to produce valuable and lasting results." *Carl
- There is a time for everything, a season for every activity under heaven.*
Code of Honor quotes @ Legend of the Quest
|With the exceptions of Quotations noted, and marked with an *....The rest are originals from the series.
|Purgatory ~ Winds Trilogy
- What the wicked dreads will overtake him; what the righteous desire will be granted. When the storm has swept by,
the wicked are gone, but the righteous stand firm forever. Proverbs 10:24-25 (NIV)
- Sometimes in the winds of change we find our true direction. * Author unknown
It started in Santa Fe....
Quotations from The Strength & Solidarity Series
- The seeds of our destiny are nurtured by the roots of our past. * Master Po
- Unforeseen events provide us with opportunities to change our direction, which often clear the way for Fate.
- Even the strongest bonds of friendship, trust, and family are tested when reason vanishes in the mists of
frustration Tension shatters the tranquility of the soul.
- Family ties, weave the threads of our lives into the ages.
- Personal battles may be singular, but none of our brethren ever stands alone.
- Fate has a way of lulling us into a false sense of complacency, as unseen forces stay busy inventing roadblocks
to throw onto the path we choose to take in our journey through life.
- Life changes quickly, and often, but solid foundations prevent us from losing our direction.
- Change and choice influence the paths we walk in life. Attitude determines how we fare on our journey
- "What you see with your eyes closed is what counts." Lame deer, Lakota
- All things happen for a reason; our challenge is to discover what it is.
- No matter how difficult the journey, or the obstacles encountered along the way, as long as the road leads
home, anything is possible.
- Another whole world opens up when we close our eyes and calm our mind. Be still and know; be still and hear;
be still and see; be still and feel. Inside every person is a still, small voice. Sometimes it is necessary to close our
eyes to shut down our perception in order to see.
- If I am to be tested today, I pray for the courage to get through it and for the strength to anchor my faith on
- Family and friends… are responsible for some of our most pleasurable memories… they can try our souls and
our patience… but they will always have the power to fill our hearts with love.
- Realization of the truth, for some, creates wondrous moments of joy. For others, it manifests bitter acceptance
of dismal failures.
- It begins as a trickle, but as time passes madness spreads silently in the mind. It takes over all reason, morality,
and logic, leaving only the appearance of sanity. Evil feeds on the growing lunacy and hides in the shadows, just
beyond the reach of righteousness.
- Faith, steadfast vigilance, and readiness to confront our battles, move us forward.
- Standing in the eye of the hurricane gives one a false sense of security. Just when you believe the worst is over,
the backside of the storm hits you in the ass with twice the force.
- "I want to feel, smell, hear and see, but not see with my eyes and my mind only. I want to see with CANTE ISTA -
the eye of the heart." * Lame Deer, LAKOTA
- "The most intense conflicts, if overcome, leave behind a sense of security and calm that is not easily disturbed."*
- Destiny is a destination. How we get there is up to us.
Shades of Gray
- Fate has a way of lulling us into a false sense of complacency as unseen forces stay busy inventing roadblocks to
throw onto the path we choose to take in our journey through life. It is only through faith, steadfast vigilance, and
readiness to confront the battles that seek us out, that we remain strong and victorious. Otherwise, we are destined
to perish by the wayside, leaving our dreams scattered to the winds, and our loved ones behind to grieve.
- A small pebble lodged at a precise point can lame a horse or cripple a man. One error in time can change the destiny
of men and countries.
- The courage to follow your heart and take a stand can make the difference between victory and defeat.
- A single transgression carried out against one innocent set into motion a chain of events destined to affect them
all. Most did not understand what the rumbling sounds in the distance truly meant. For it was not the sound of
thunder associated with lightning. It was the echo of men's voices through the ages rallying a charge, and
answering the call to confront injustice.
- Sometimes the winds whisper tenderly, carrying the gift of joy and love to our souls to bring forth a gentle warm
rain. Sometimes the winds howl with anger and despair across the expanse of time and space to share sorrow or
grief preceding a chilly tumultuous storm. Regardless of the message, our emotions are the conduit, which will
either savor the euphoric offerings, or crash and burn with the anguish.
- I remember when the answers seemed so clear. We had never lived with doubt or tasted fear. It was easy then to
tell truth from lies … who to love and who to hate, the foolish from the wise… but today there is no day or night;
today there is no dark or light. Today there is no black or white …Only shades of gray… *lyrics from Shades of Gray
written by Barry Mann and Cynthia Weil *
- Shadowchasers must always be prepared for the inevitable confrontation between good and evil, as well as
recognize there is a fine line that separates the hunters from the hunted. The evil one's goal is to stay hidden in the
shadows and remain far enough ahead of the good guys to confuse, mislead, and distract its pursuer, while
implementing its plan of death and devastation.
- It begins as a trickle, but as time passes madness spreads silently in the mind. It takes over all reason, morality, and
logic, leaving only the appearance of sanity. Evil feeds on the growing lunacy and hides in the shadows, just beyond
the reach of righteousness.
- Even the strongest bonds of friendship, trust, and family are tested when reason vanishes in the mists of
frustration. Tension shatters the tranquility of the soul.
- Emotions run deep and tensions often run high in relationships that really matter. Brothers may fight, lovers can
argue, and friends can disagree. It is the strength of family, which trumps anger, bonds of trust bind us together,
and wounds of the heart are healed by the solid foundation of love.
- Shadows can be beautiful as the sun sets, silhouetting the countryside while waiting for the shroud of night to
approach. Then the moon rises to cast its beauty upon the earth. Good may stand in the shadows awaiting the right
time to step forward or evil can seclude itself awaiting a time to strike out. Shadows can also hide the truth, obscure
the landscape, and cloud our vision. It is up to us to empower ourselves with knowledge, be ever vigilant, and find
the right balance between the darkness and the light to protect ourselves and the ones we love.
- In a perfect world, evil loses. * Quote from the movie, 'Deep Red'*
- Destiny speaks with many voices, which means we sometimes fail to pay attention to the sound of its call. Guardian
spirits seldom appear to us with wings and halos. Often they are masked so well that unless we open our minds and
widen our perceptions, we miss their presence entirely. That is why we should never ignore the visions of our soul
or the soft whispers of our hearts.
- Our personal demons and reservations are not confined to the depths of hell. They stealthily roam among us in
anticipation of the chance to strike when we least expect it, eager to catch us off guard and defenseless.
- We continuously evolve and learn every day of our lives. While we may believe we change as we progress, the truth
is we simply blend our past and our present to become who we are in this space and time. Our strengths become
stronger as we endeavor to overcome our weaknesses. Occasionally the line between past and present blur, and we
must reconcile our mental perceptions with actuality to move on.
- The ties that bind us together are the same ones holding the power to tear us apart. Sometimes it takes the voice of
reason from a friend or loved one to help us through the rough patches in our lives. Otherwise, our fears, real or
imagined can destroy relationships, steal our confidence, and shatter our optimism.
- Blood ties run deep, but the delicate threads binding families together from generation to generation are
unfortunately sometimes lost or frayed. Once in a while, we are given a second chance to recapture the fragile
memories, which manage to slip through the cracks of time. Those that have lived before me also live in me, as I
shall live in the one yet to come.
- Our actions of today fashion the future of our tomorrows and complacency can overturn the good deeds of
yesterday, leaving us at risk of losing all we have strived to accomplish. Yet we do not need to shout or change the
masses to leave our mark either. Making the difference for only one child at a time or by being a loving parent will
suffice as we leave our silent footprints on the path of this journey we call life.
- Time spent away may be short or long, and the path we take may be direct or winding. No matter how difficult the
journey or the obstacles encountered along the way, as long as the road leads home, anything is possible.
- Standing in the eye of the hurricane gives one a false sense of security. Just when you believe the worst is over, the
backside of the storm hits you in the ass with twice the force of the first glancing blow.
- "The real meaning of life is your family, the love you have, the respect, the traditional ways, carrying on with them." -
*Ethel Wilson, COWICHAN* "The family is the seed of the future and the fruits of our labors from the past." ---"In order
to experience this, we must be aware of how limited our senses are—eyes, ears, touch, smell, taste. These senses
help us to function in the Seen World. What we see is interpreted by our minds and put inside our belief system, and
this can become our reality. But there also exists an Unseen World. In this world, we experience connectedness; we
experience the mystery; and we experience another whole point of view. If we pay attention to both the Unseen
World and the Seen World, our belief systems will print in our mind a new and wonderful reality. We will see and
know we are a part of everything"
- "In some mysterious and wonderful way you are part of everything. And in that same mysterious and wonderful
way, everything is a part of you." *Nippawanock, ARAPAHOE*
- There are many kinds of prisons; some enclosed our bodies behind rigid barriers. Some imprison our minds with
illness or loss of memories. The worst kinds trap our spirits, slowly crushing them until we lose the will to continue
- Revenge consists primarily of retaliation against a person in response to a perceived wrongdoing. Although many
aspects of revenge resemble or echo the concept of justice, revenge usually has a more injurious than harmonious
goal. The base of all things is love, respect. The greatest weapon of any Spiritual Warrior is love. Love will change
minds; love will forgive; love will let go; love will cause good luck; love will heal; love will cry; love will get rid of
resentments; love will overcome fear. Any human who values love will be guaranteed respect. We need to love and
respect ourselves." *Vickie Downey, TEWA/Tesuque Pueblo *
- "A very great vision is needed and the man who has it must follow it as the eagle seeks the deepest blue of the sky."
*Chief Crazy Horse*
- "It is not through the great skill of the hunter himself that success is achieved, but through the hunter's awareness
of his place in Creation and his relationship to all things." *Thomas Yellowtail, CROW*
- If only the human being could understand the power of proper relationships, the need for power and control could
be abandoned. It's not what is going on which matters, but how we look at what is going on. It's our relationship to
it that counts. Nothing in the world has any meaning except the meaning we give to it.
- Life is never complete. It was what Vin's grandfather had patiently tried to teach him… an unending circle of
memories strung together over time
- "All things are connected. Man did not weave the web of life. He is merely a strand in it ." *Chief Seattle*
- Your visions are part of who you are. They'll come back when necessary… your never-ending quest for the truth will
also continue. In the meantime, trust your instincts, Son. I'll always be close by, if you need me.